Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

Hello?  Anybody out there?  I'm pretty sure I forgot how to blog.  Everything needs updated.  I'm actually scared to even look at my archives and see the pictures I took.  Yikes!  I'm not bringing this thing back from the dead yet.  Maybe a recipe here and there.  We'll see.

 I thought this would be the easiest way to post the recipe for the picture I put on Instagram today.  These cookies have become a favorite of mine recently.  I have been sifting through and organizing all of my recipes and I found this one I had typed out years ago.  Not sure the source, but it's a good one.  I noticed that in a previous post I said chocolate chip cookies with pudding were "fine".  I take that back.  THESE chocolate chip cookies with pudding are great! It all depends on the recipe.  I add m&m's to most of my chocolate chip cookies because everything is better with an m&m.  Am I right?


Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

1 cup shortening and 1c butter
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 1/3 cup brown sugar
Add 1 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
2 tsp salt
2 tsp soda
5 1/4 c flour
package instant vanilla pudding
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mini m&m's
Sea salt
Cream shortening/butter and sugars together.  Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.  Mix in the salt, soda and flour until just combined.  Add the pudding until combined.  Fold in the chocolate chips and mini m&m's.  Lightly sprinkle with sea salt just before baking.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.  Best if they are lightly golden on the bottom and slightly underdone on the top.   

No comments: