Thursday, October 8, 2015

Chocolate Lover's Chocolate Chip Cookies


I feel like I'm always trying a new chocolate chip cookie recipe, just to see if it's better than the best one I think I have.  When I came across this recipe, I knew I had to try it.  When the recipe calls for more brown sugar than white sugar, I know it's probably going to be a keeper.  I have a few select favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes, and this one just made the list.  I used semi-sweet chocolate chunks from Trader Joe's (my fav!), semi-sweet chocolate chips from Trader Joe's and a dark chocolate bar from Trader Joe's that I grated in my cheese grater.  Those are just what I had.  Feel free to use any type of chocolate you want.  


One of my favorite things to do with chocolate chip cookies is sprinkle a little sea salt on the tops, just before baking.  It adds the best flavor mixed with the dark chocolate.  I have plans to make these again soon and freeze a bunch for later use.  Enjoy!


Chocolate Lover's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup unsalted Butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1/3 cup grated chocolate
Extra sea salt for sprinkling on cookies, if desired


Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.

2.  In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.

3.  Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chunks, chocolate chips, and grated chocolate.

4.  Form the cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough. Place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.

5.  Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.

Note-to grate the chocolate, use a chocolate bar and cheese grater. You can use semi-sweet, dark, or milk chocolate. Choose your favorite! The cookies will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days. You can also freeze the cookies!

Recipe Source:  Two Peas & Their Pod